Helio is Hiring: Development Engineer/ Senior Development Engineer
Applications are invited for a Development Engineer/ Senior Development Engineer [Ref. E3] located in Oxford UK to play a key role in a new, highly skilled team working on a new class of light-emitting materials for displays.
This is a unique opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic and exciting start-up environment. Compensation will include a competitive salary and EMI share options.
- Develop tools and methods for testing stability of materials and films under light and environmental stresses
- Build bespoke optical characterisation tools for materials and films, including software interfaces
- Fabrication demonstrators and devices
- Fabrication of films and coatings containing perovskite nanocrystals
- Plan and conduct experiments in collaboration with expert scientists
- Analysis and reporting of experimental procedures and results
The role would be ideally suited to candidates who can demonstrate:
- Doctoral degree or MSc, in engineering (e.g. chemical, electrical) or chemistry or materials science, other subjects will be considered if relevant
- Independent, hands-on, flexible, fast learning, and able to find solutions to problems
- Expertise with instrumentation and software development as required for the setting-up laboratory instrumentation and aging tools. (e.g. Python, C++, LabVIEW)
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Dynamic, creative, motivated, and committed to continuous learning.
The following experience is desirable:
- 3+ years experience in a commercial R&D entity
- Experience in management of SQL databases
- Expertise in manufacturing processes and QC/QA processes.
- Expertise in inks and resin formulations
Helio is committed to treating everyone equally and with the same attention and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender, marital status, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or sexual orientation.