Helio is Hiring: Formulation Chemist/ Senior Formulation Chemist
Applications are invited for a Formulation Chemist/ Senior Formulation Chemist [Ref. E2] located in Oxford UK to play a key role in a new, highly skilled team working on a new class of light-emitting materials for displays.
This is a unique opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic and exciting start-up environment. Compensation will include a competitive salary and EMI share options.
- Functionalisation of nanoparticles for dispersion in inks and resins
- Formulation of inks and photoresist formulations containing perovskite nanocrystals and development of suitable coating and patterning processes
- Determination of structure/property relationships, exploration of degradation mechanisms and correlations to ink properties
- Supervision and working with R&D technicians
- Development of experimental procedures and analysis of results
- Contribute to the strategic planning of product developments in close collaboration with expert scientists
The role would be ideally suited to candidates who can demonstrate:
- PhD in chemistry, materials science or related disciplines
- 3+ yrs experience in a comparable research environment
- Expertise in the formulation of photoresists, inks and/or resins formulations
- Experience with industrial processes for coatings and formulations
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, ability to thrive as part of a team
- Dynamic, creative, motivated, and committed to continuous learning
The following experience is desirable:
- 5+ years experience in a commercial R&D entity
- Experience with polymer processing methods (coating, printing, etc.)
- Experience in display industry
- Expertise in manufacturing processes and QC/QA processes
Helio is committed to treating everyone equally and with the same attention and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender, marital status, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or sexual orientation.