Helio is Hiring: R&D Chemist [Ref C1]
At Helio Display Materials Ltd, we are creating materials based on the outstanding properties of metal halide perovskites for a new generation of brighter and more colourful displays that use significantly less power. We work with the best scientific and commercial brains in our field to expedite solid research and development. We are a well-funded, dynamic start-up entering a new phase of expansion.
About the Role
Our formulation team is now expanding and we are seeking an R&D Chemist to develop the next generation formulations using our Perovskites nanoparticles. The successful candidate will work closely with our experienced chemists and material scientists to create new formulations and products required from our customers.
You will be located in our brand new office and laboratories which have been custom designed for Helio. We are based in an attractive location 10 minutes from central Oxford and near public transport.
You will receive a competitive salary depending on experience and the opportunity to benefit from the company's tax efficient share option scheme.
We are rapidly expanding and this is a unique opportunity to join the company at an exciting stage and to progress your career as the company grows. If you believe you could bring valuable skills and ideas to the company, we’d love to hear from you.
- Developing new formulations using Helio nanoparticles according to the company and customers targets
- Developing methods for spin coating, blade coating or inkjet printing those formulations
- Performing characterisation such as surface morphology, optical microscopy and optical properties
- Planning and executing experiments under the guidance of an expert principal scientist
- Reporting experimental procedures and results
- Performing all laboratory work in a safe manner and adhere to company policies and standard operating procedures
The role would be ideally suited to candidates who can demonstrate:
- Min. degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or related disciplines
- Proven experience with formulation chemistry
- Proven track record of high quality laboratory work, data collection and record keeping
- A problem-solving mindset
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Good time management and planning skills
- Self-motivated, well organised and pro-active learner
- Ability to follow strict synthetic protocols and be reproducible
The following experience is desirable:
- Desirable experience in development of inks for inkjet printing application
- Experience working with nanoparticles dispersions
Helio is committed to treating everyone equally and with the same attention and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender, marital status, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or sexual orientation.