Helio is Hiring: R&D Lab Technician/ Junior R&D Chemist
At Helio Display Materials Ltd, we are creating materials based on the outstanding properties of metal halide perovskites for a new generation of brighter and more colourful displays that use significantly less power. We work with the best scientific and commercial brains in our field to expedite solid research and development. We are well funded, dynamic start-up entering a new phase of expansion.
About the role
Applications are invited for a R&D Lab Technician/Junior R&D Chemist [Ref. T1]. This important hands-on role will support and work closely with our team of R&D chemists and engineers. The successful candidate will play a key role in a new and highly skilled team developing materials and processes which have not been done before. You will be located in our brand new office and laboratories which have been custom designed for Helio.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the company at an early stage and progress your career as the company grows. If you believe you could bring unique skills and ideas to the company, we’d love to hear from you.
- Synthesis of perovskite nanocrystals and optimisation of synthetic processes
- Characterisation of products and intermediates using chemical (FTIR, NMR, …) and optical methods (UV-Vis, PL, microscopy)
- Plan and execute experiments under the guidance of an expert principal scientist
- Reporting of experimental procedures and results
- General laboratory maintenance tasks and improvement of methods
The role would be ideally suited to candidates who can demonstrate:
- Undergraduate degree in chemistry, materials science or related disciplines
- Experience with common chemical and optical analytical methods
- Ability to work independently and find solutions to problems
- Excellent observational and record keeping skills
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Dynamic, creative, motivated, and committed to continuous learning
- For this role, you will need to have the right to work in the UK
The following experience is desirable:
- 3+ years experience in a commercial R&D entity
- Experience with medium scale synthesis equipment and purification methods
- Expertise in manufacturing processes and QC/QA processes.
- Familiarity with formulation of inks
You will receive a competitive salary dependent on experience together with tax efficient share options.
Helio is based in an attractive location10min from central Oxford near public transport. Car and cycle parking is available on site as well as a coffee shop and restaurant.
Helio is committed to treating everyone equally and with the same attention and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender, marital status, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion or sexual orientation.